Practice History

The Waterfield Practice has been at it’s current Ralphs Ride location since 1970 although it’s roots can be traced back to 1951. Our practice started when two single-handed GP’s joined to build the premises at Ralph Ride.

The practice grew and prospered through the town’s redevelopment in the 1960’s and 1970’s. Expansion of the building and staff has taken place over the years and in 1997 the Warfield site was opened allowing the practice to care for its patients from two sites across Bracknell.

Bracknell is still a growing and developing town and new developments are added all the time which has given the practice a relatively mobile population. The practice currently cares for approximately 12500 patients.

Our original Ralphs Ride surgery is in the part of “old” Bracknell called Harmans Water whilst our Warfield surgery is situated in the newer area of Warfield on the Tesco Superstore site at County Lane. Both buildings have wheelchair access via a ramp, disabled toilets and easy parking.

The doctors practice together as an equal partnership from these premises providing NHS services as part of Bracknell and Ascot CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group). We have 8 GP’s, a GP Registrar, 5 Practice Nurses, 1 Health Care Assistant and more than 20 support staff.